Does an annuity make sense for you?
Annuities aren't for everyone, but they can play a valuable role in your financial plan if you first:
- Size up your financial situation.
- Evaluate your retirement goals.
- Decide your comfort level with investment risk.
Why choose Vanguard for an annuity?
Buying an annuity through Vanguard gives you access to the exceptional service and low costs you've come to expect.
- Investment professionals whose only goal is to help you make the right decision.
- A mix of investment portfolios to help you meet your goals (for variable annuities).
- Relationships with highly rated insurers who guarantee the annuity contract so you'll have confidence in your choice.
How annuities work at Vanguard
Our licensed annuity specialists are here to help.
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern time
How annuities can work for you
INVEST IN THE VANGUARD VARIABLE ANNUITY
Choose from a diverse lineup of stock, bond, and money market portfolios.
A type of employer-sponsored retirement savings plan that allows employees to contribute pre-tax dollars by deferring salary. Many plans offer a variety of investment options, and employers often match a percentage of employee contributions.
A type of account created by the IRS that offers tax benefits when you use it to save for retirement.
An investment option—offered by annuity—that holds a range of underlying investments.
The trading of a universe of investments, based on factors like supply and demand. For example, the "stock market" refers to the trading of stocks.
Usually refers to investment risk, which is a measure of how likely it is that you could lose money in an investment. However, there are other types of risk when it comes to investing.
A provision added to an insurance contract that offers more benefits at an extra cost.
A fee charged by a broker for buying and selling securities.
To access your annuity online, log on to your account or register for online access if you haven't done so already.
Once you've registered, you can make exchanges between annuity portfolios online.
You can also log on to check the following:
- Your contract balances.
- The status of pending and processed transactions.
- Information on death benefit and Guaranteed Lifetime Withdrawal Benefit riders.*
- Statements and confirmations.
If you have any questions about your annuity, call one of our licensed specialists at 800-357-4720 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern time. We're always happy to help.
footnote*Product guarantees are subject to the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.