Investing at Vanguard
With Vanguard, you'll get the benefits you need to support your investment portfolio. Learn more about the help, guidance, and cost savings you'll receive with us.
Investors with up to $50,000
As an investor with up to $50,000 at Vanguard, you'll receive the high level of service you expect from us. You'll find investments that meet your needs, financial help when you want it, and products and services that will make doing business with us as easy as possible.
And you'll enjoy the Vanguard low-cost advantage every day, including never paying a commission when you buy and sell Vanguard mutual funds and ETFs (exchange-traded funds) in your Vanguard Brokerage Account.
Investors with $50,000 to $500,000*
You're a Voyager client at Vanguard, and the benefits you'll receive will help you manage your assets as your portfolio grows.
In addition to commission-free Vanguard mutual funds and ETFs, your Voyager® benefits include:
- Reduced commissions for stock and non-Vanguard ETF online trades,** and no account service fees on most account types.†
- Investment professionals who will listen to you, address your questions, and direct you to an advice solution that best suits your needs.
- Access to ongoing investment management through Vanguard Personal Advisor Services®.
Investors with $500,000 to $1 million*
You're a Voyager Select client at Vanguard, which offers you a team of experienced investment professionals, access to Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) professionals, and additional discounts on brokerage trades.
In addition to commission-free Vanguard mutual funds and ETFs, your Voyager Select® benefits include:
- A team of experienced investment professionals who will act as your guide to all we have to offer. They can answer your questions, make transactions, and help you learn about all of the products and services available to you.
- Consultations with a CFP professional through Vanguard Personal Advisor Services if you have a specific investment question. Or, for a low fee, you can partner with a dedicated financial advisor who's a CFP professional for ongoing advisory and portfolio management services.
- Even bigger discounts on your brokerage costs, including $2 commissions for stocks and non-Vanguard ETFs, regardless of whether you place your trades online or over the phone.
- No account service fees on most account types.†
What you can expect every day as a Vanguard client
When you receive investing help from Vanguard, know that our professionals are salaried and don't receive commissions. So you can be confident that we'll make every decision with only your needs in mind.
Partner with an advisor
Through Vanguard Personal Advisor Services, you'll get personal financial advice to help you earn more over time while paying less. To take advantage of this service, a $50,000 minimum is required.
We're here to help
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Eastern time
COMPARE OUR SERVICES
Eligibility is based on total household assets held at Vanguard, with a minimum of $50,000 to qualify for Vanguard Voyager Services® and $500,000 for Vanguard Voyager Select Services®. We determine eligibility by aggregating assets of all qualifying accounts held by you and your immediate family members who reside at the same address.
Assets that qualify
- Vanguard mutual funds.
- Vanguard ETFs®.
- Certain annuities through Vanguard.
- The Vanguard 529 Plan.
- Certain small-business accounts.
Note: Assets in employer-sponsored retirement plans for which Vanguard provides recordkeeping services may be included in determining eligibility if you also have a personal account holding Vanguard mutual funds or Vanguard ETFs.
Assets that don't qualify
Non-Vanguard mutual funds.
- Non-Vanguard ETFs.
We review qualifications periodically
The qualification criteria (for example, asset levels) are reviewed periodically and could change at any time. Vanguard reserves the right to discontinue enrollment in any of these services or reassign any investor, without prior notification, to the appropriate service level if the investor fails to continue to meet the applicable qualification criteria. Vanguard reserves the right to amend or cancel selected features and benefits at any time without prior notification.
In addition, ongoing access by any particular investor to individual services, discounts, and exemptions is subject to periodic review and may be restricted based upon criteria established solely by Vanguard. While these services are complimentary, some underlying services may charge fees and expenses. Vanguard does not guarantee any level of service.